Are you a second or third year law student in Florida? Here is your chance to be published and have your bar prep expenses paid! As part of the Research & Education Foundation’s mission to promote a better understanding of Florida’s civil justice system, we are seeking essays in response to the following prompt:
The United States is one of only a few nations that continues to preserve the right to civil jury trials. For this essay, please discuss the historical and continued importance of having access to a jury to render decisions in civil cases, why the right to a civil jury trial has become increasingly controversial, and what can be done to preserve it.
For more information, click here.
Thank you to US Claims and Searcy Denney Scarola Barnhart & Shipley sponsoring the 2021 Justice Network! Their support allows us to continue our mission of preserving access to justice.
How to participate:
• Submissions should be no more than 1000 words
• Submit essays in Word or PDF format via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 pm on March 31, 2021
• Winners will be announced on May 15, 2021.
• See the official rules for more details.
• First Place: $3,000 for Bar Prep, publication of essay in the FJA Journal
• Top 3 Essays: Free FJA Attorney Membership ($199 value)
• All Entrants: Free FJA Law Student Membership ($50 value)
*The FJA Research and Education Foundation is designated by the Internal Revenue Service as a 501(c)(3) non-profit charitable organization to which tax-deductible contributions may be made, as provided by law.